ViewBoard® Cast software supports native Chromecast screen sharing via the Chrome browser casting respectively with the Chromecast feature enabled. Please ensure that mDNS is enabled on the network/access point/wireless controller (where applicable).
- - TCP 8008 & 8009
- - UDP 5353 (mDNS to broadcast CCast)
- How to verify if Chromecast is broadcasting:
- Ensure that your Chromebook and ViewBoard® are connected to the same subnet network.
- It is recommended to use Wi-Fi: 802.11n 5GHz. NOTE: See 5 GHz channel for a table on non-DFS channels in your country. In the USA, those channels are 36-48 and 149-165.
- Bandwidth: At least 2~5 Mbps per user in a typical deployment. Latency should be less than 100ms; when pinging Google’s public DNS server at 18.104.22.168 for HD video streaming preferably greater than 5Mbps is required.
- Access Points:
- i. For small deployments of under 30 devices, consumer-grade networking equipment is sufficient.
- ii. For deployments greater than 30 devices or involving multiple rooms, enterprise-grade, centrally managed networking equipment is recommended.